We’re coming to get you, Asheville! The Asheville Zombiewalk is back downtown for 2015.
2015 Asheville Zombiewalk Birthday Party!
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2015
Time: 5:00-8:00 PM
Location: Roger McGuire Green in Downtown Asheville
1 W Pack Square, Asheville, NC 28801
Cost: FREE ADMISSION!
Zombie Birthday Party Schedule:
5:00 – Gather at Roger McGuire Green
All evening –
- Food trucks: Melt Your Heart, Amazing Pizza Co., The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
- Book signing with best-selling horror author Jake Bible
- Makeup artists (small service charges apply)
- Green screen photo booth with on-site printing (service charges apply)
- Dark Ride Tours hearse
- Child and teen costume collection for Eliada Homes
- Zombie lawn games (BYO)
5:30 – Zombies All Yell “Brains!”, followed by Group Photo
5:35 – Zombie “Thriller” dance
6:00 – Kids costume parade, Adult costume contest
6:45 – Zombie survival demo from Croley’s Premier Martial Arts Studio
7:15 – Scavenger Hunt begins
8:00 – Zombies invade Downtown Asheville
*Check back for schedule updates*
What to Do:
We want to see you in all your zombie glory! We will have several makeup artists on hand to help you put your face on, but we encourage you to come in a costume that showcases your creativity. Zombie bride and groom, zombie Kardashian, zombie park ranger – bring it on!
Bring the Zombie Family!
The Asheville Zombiewalk has always been and is committed to remaining a family-friendly event. There is plenty of grass at this year’s site for Frisbee and other lawn games. Bring out the zombie kids!
Bring on the Fun!
Roger McGuire Green at Pack Square Park is a great area to bring a blanket and feast on your favorite limbs with friends and family. Or you could bring Frisbees, checkers, or just enjoy the late afternoon sun on your fetid flesh. Whatever you bring with you – make sure you are able to clean up after yourself before you leave!
Scavenge like a Zombie!
We’re kicking off a scavenger hunt at 7:15 PM! Roam around town looking for the items on the scavenger list, and send us photos of each item you check off the list. There will be a kid-friendly list and an adult-friendly list, and winners of each category will receive prizes.
The Zombiewalk birthday party only lasts from 5:00-8:00 PM, but it is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Asheville. We encourage you to shamble on (safely and responsibly) from the Zombiewalk to your favorite bars. Please patronize our sponsoring locations, but feel free to shuffle about at your own discretion. Valid ID required for admission into all participating locations serving alcohol!
Click here for a list of “zombie friendly” locations.
Asheville Zombiewalk Good Practices
- Be safe. Stay on the sidewalks and follow the rules of traffic when shambling across the street. The AZW does not condone drunk or disorderly conduct, or drunk driving – find a DD Zombie before you go out!
- Be responsible. Roger McGuire Green is a public park, and we intend to leave it as clean and limb-free as it was when we arrived. Please help by picking up after yourself before you shamble on at the end of the night.
- Be respectful. During the Zombiewalk and afterward when invading downtown, be respectful of those who are not participating. DO NOT approach anyone who is not in zombie gear unless they indicate that they wish to be approached.
- Be courteous. Respect waitstaff and the rules of each business/bar you enter. The AZW is not responsible for the actions of zombies in the street, or in private establishments. Inappropriate actions will be handled by private security at each location, at their discretion.